The Avram Iancu International Airport in Cluj-Napoca in the second largest in Romania, and it is connected to all major cities in Europe and beyond, with several connection per day supporting transit to other worldwide destinations. It is served by several airlines (e.g., TAROM, Lufthansa, LOT, Turkish Airlines), but also low cost companies (e.g., WizzAir, BlueAir, Ryanair). The airport is in a close neighborhood to the city, being served by local public transport, as well as by taxi (including Uber and Bolt).
Cluj-Napoca is an important road and railway node, so it is easily reachable by car or train from Europe, having direct connections to Budapest and Vienna.
Cluj-Napoca has a good public transportation service, facilitating easy access to different parts of the city, at approx. 0.5 euro/ride. Taxis are also a good option (including Bolt, Uber) with approx. 0,6 euro/km. Public transportation and most taxi services accept credit card payments.
The area around the conference venue offers a multitude of hotels. Below you will find some recommendations, with discounts offered to PLS2022 participants.
Hotel Univers T ★★★
- Proximity: 0.5 km from the conference venue (5 minutes walk)
- Website: https://eng.universt.ro/
- Best available rates discounted 10% for PLS2022 participants if the reservation is made via email. For reservations, please fill in this form and send it attached to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, with the subject Reservation for UBB-FSEGA Conference. Confirmation will be received via email, usually in 1-2 days.
Hampton by Hilton ★★★
- Proximity: 2 km from the conference venue (15 minutes walk)
- Website and location: https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/cljhxhx-hampton-cluj-napoca/hotel-location/
- Best available rates discounted 15% for PLS2022 participants if the reservation is made via this link, for a minimum of 3 nights stay
DoubleTree by Hilton ★★★★★
- Proximity: 4 km from the conference venue (5-15 minutes by car - taxi, Uber, Bolt, etc. - depending on traffic)
- Website and location: https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/cljcpdi-doubletree-cluj-city-plaza/
- Best available rates (including access to the wellness area) discounted 15% for PLS2022 participants if the reservation is made via this link
As an EU citizen, a citizen of Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland you are entitled to Free movement. This enables citizens of these countries to travel and work anywhere within the European Union, including Romania.
For citizens of other countries, detailed information about visas can be found on the website of the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, at the following link: https://www.mae.ro/en/node/2040